Friday 1 June 2012

8 Reasons Why I Want To Come Back.

 [Julia came and joined the agency for three days work experience this week. We asked her to write a blog post for us, and this is what she wrote. It made us get a bit emotional if we're honest.]

The people

The most striking feature of the agency is definitely the friendly people. The number of people who asked me how I was doing or if I needed any help made me feel very welcome and part of the agency.

Harem

It's great for meetings but is as comfy as your living room. Complete with massive cushions and large windows overlooking the Thames, it's the perfect place to brainstorm and frankly, made this office much cooler than any other I've been to.

The emails

The emails I got were extremely insightful. I could get a real feel for TBCH through interesting articles and shared links. I have to say, I did rather enjoy the frequent messages informing me that the sandwich man had arrived and that there was chocolate on reception.

The work ethic

I love that I've had actual work to do, helping on tasks and seeing briefs come to life. No sitting around staring at the walls, photocopying or being the 'tea girl'. Thank you for letting me have a genuine 'work experience', rather than a few days off on Facebook. I was exactly what I'd hoped for.

The sweet treats

Tommy's Tuck Shop - an extensive selection of jelly sweets to munch on during a hard working day, all in aid of charity. What's not to like? Yum.

The creativity

In the space of one day, I saw seven ideas for a brief take shape and presentation on HTML that was both interesting and funny. And yet everyone still had the time to let me in on their secrets and I had so much fun amongst all the madness. 

The colourful office

I thought I'd gone to the wrong floor when I arrived at the teal and yellow reception area, but after a few days I can see the office's bright colours are fitting of the agency and it's energy. Farewell orange desk, it's been great...

The teaching

Most of all, I've come away from TBCH with lots of new knowledge buzzing in my brain. Thanks to all the bright sparks that have injected their wisdom over the last 3 days, whether through inductions, letting me watch you work or just by talking to me.

Well, that's it from me. I hope this isn't the last we see of each other...

Julia Pritchard

No comments:

Post a Comment